We are partnering with our neighbors in the Cain Road Area Neighborhood Association (CRANA) to provide food for the Thurston County Food Bank. TLC's goal is 25 bags or more each month.
To participate take a bag, fill it up and bring it back to church or go in with a friend or two to fill a bag. Here are some suggestions on what to fill the bag with:
- February - Canned fruit
- April - Canned soups-don’t forget vegetarians
- June - PB/Mac and cheese, quick summer kid lunches
- August - Backpack program-stocking up for back to school bags-easy open.
- October - Canned pumpkin and canned sweet potatoes
- December - Canned protein (tuna, chicken, stews, spam, etc. lentils, beans, peanut butter)